Friday, November 21, 2008

aaliyah to ahmad

It is seriously disappointing that the journey starts with an artist that isn't exactly reflective of my primary musical interests but, hey, when Timbaland laces the track...

Things took a turn for the worse after 3 aaliyah joints as the swedish answer to the beatles, abba, took over the airwaves. I don't like abba. This is my first lesson. I picture carebears high on speed linking hands while sliding down a rainbow. I prefer carebears chilling in a field I guess... otherwise, it's sensory overload. Maybe that's just me. It didn't help that the song was a tricked-out techno version of "take a chance on me."

The day got better with AC/DC and Aerosmith and in between was a blast from back in the day: Acoustic Junction. Hearing them made me think about high school but nothing specific... just high school generally with a little bit of Colorado. Weird.

In the middle of refilling my coffee mug, Afro Man came on, which was a little awkward at work. Then, Aha, which made me think of the always awesome Mega 80s coverband here in the Detroit area.

Terrible hip-hop is no way to end a day, but it happened: Ahmad. I think I scooped this up when I was trying to quench my hip-hop desires back in grade school but had to settle for albums that weren't laced with profanity so I could play them loudly in my room. This will be deleted. It's really not good.

2 comments:

Terth said...

It's crazy you got an .mp3 of Ahmad on your iPod back in grade school. I knew you were slightly ahead of the curve, but wow.

herman said...

From everything you have told me about your judge, he was probably listening to Afroman at the same time. He's just that cool.