Friday, December 12, 2008

Billy Joel to Bright Eyes

Binary Star: perhaps my favorite hip-hop group that most people haven't heard about. Fantastic stuff although they do recycle some lines but whatever, who doesn't. I know that I do.

Biz Markie: a staple in any ipod.

Bjork: I actually have a ton of her but don't listen to her as much as I should. She makes me think of Iceland and sledding.

Black Crowes: always enjoyable... I wish I had scoped their concert in Detroit last week.

Black Eyed Peas: I think I labeled them as sellouts at some point, but they're pretty good and there's no doubting Will-I-Am.

The Black Keys: I like them a lot, especially their work with Danger Mouse.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: they remind me of law school for some unknown reason.

Black Sabbath: Back in the day, my transmission blew out and I lost my wheels for 42 days... that was completely annoying. It all happened after a u2 show at Notre Dame when some woman from Missouri decided to turn left from the middle lane right into me. She later claimed that she didn't know how the roads worked in Indiana. Obviously, I lost all respect for Missouri drivers. Indiana roads, for what it's worth, aren't entirely complicated. Anyway, the first song that came on when I got my ride back was Ironman. I thought it appropriate given the ordeal.

Black Sheep: I always think of Christmas cookies because in grade school, we'd always go to my grandma's house to bake them. "The Choice is Yours" was stuck in my head so I kept saying, "here they come, yo, here they come" while I rolled out some top-flight Christmas trees. Grandma overheard this, walked to the window and inspected the scene for several moments before asking me, "who's coming?"

Blanche: conjures airplanes because that's when I first read about them. An interesting sound, but I might prefer their fashion sense to their music.

Blind Melon: on my list of tragic music deaths... I think of bees, obviously. More specifically, I think of humans dressed as bees.

Blink 182: they provided a perfect pep to the work afternoon.

Bloc Party: many people like this band but I've never really gotten into them. I enjoyed them more than I recalled, however, and will integrate them more often.

Bloodhound Gang: Discovery channel. Brusznicki.

Blue Oyster Cult: cow bell.

Blues Traveler: just saw them live and man have they fallen off. John Popper took 2 smoke breaks in a one-hour set. I can't imagine that helps the harmonica skillz.

Blur: often overlooked... and unfairly characterized by their Fifa 98 anthem. Great stuff.

Bob Dylan: I could compose a book on his impact. Every time, every occasion, every emotion is captured. He's my clear cut #1. It took about 2 days to get through him.

Bob Marley: the vh1 behind the music on him played "redemption song" when discussing his death. Accordingly, I get sad whenever I hear that tune.

Bob Schneider

Bob Seger: Ann Arbor and the Pistons.

Bone Thugs -n- Harmony: I used to listen to them a lot while shoveling snow, so this is a good time of year to hear them.

Bonnie Tyler: she is one of my great obsessions. "Holding Out for a Hero" inspires me to be a better person.

Boston

Boyz II Men

Brand New

1 comment:

Adele said...

No comment on Boyz 2 Men??